Google’s recent rollout of multiple admin logins for Google+ business pages removes one of the main barriers to entry for many corporates. Other new and enhanced features are also now available to businesses. I covered in an earlier post why Facebook seemed a better destination for brands. Facebook has already retaliated (see below). Google+ is also determined not to stand still. Will 2012 see a new presence for Brands on Google+?
Multiple Admin for Google+ Business Pages
- Companies can assign up to 50 managers as administrators for a Google+ business page
- A new notification system allows page admins to monitor all the conversations taking place on the business page
- Another new feature – An aggregated count of Google+ users that have engaged with a business page (either +1 or adding it to their circles) for a snapshot of activity of who is engaging with the page and how.
- New Google+ image browser which incorporates a lightbox
- New Google+ notifications which enables control over which notifications are important with a ‘graphic equaliser’ slider so you won’t miss out on those important nuances
Here a Google+ engineer hosts a walk through of the new features: